We are currently recruiting for:
NHS Short Term counsellors (AQP)
The Foundation offers exciting opportunities for counsellors in Hertfordshire to become part of a charity with counselling at its heart. The organisation delivers over 20,000 counselling sessions a year across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, with about half of these for its charitable arm. The Foundation has been offering high-quality, affordable counselling to the community for over 40 years.
Counsellors who join our NHS contract team are part of our counsellor community and have the support of our administrative team, the Clinical Director and our Centre Heads.
What we offer:
The Foundation supports its AQP contract counsellors with administrative and clinical support as well as other opportunities and discounts.
- Allocations are made through the administrative teams who also support the counsellors with paperwork. The administrators are usually the first point of contact for counsellors and clients.
- Counsellors working in centres are offered referrals to fit blocks of three to five sessions as agreed with the counsellor.
- Counsellors have the support of Centre Heads in St Albans, Broxbourne and Stevenage as well as clinical support and advice through the Clinical Director.
- Counsellors will have access to opportunities to work as a tutor, group leader, run short courses or work as a supervisor or other staff member.
- The Foundation’s CPD courses are offered at a 20% discount.
- The work can fit alongside and support a private counselling practice.
- The work can be in a counsellor’s own practice, a GP surgery or one of our own centres.
Counsellors working for this contract must have accreditation with BACP, or be UKCP, BABCP or BPC registered.
Candidates for East and North Hertfordshire CCG must have an IAPT-compliant training. These include CBT, CfD, DIT, IPT Couple Therapy and EMDR. Please inquire if you are unsure. (E&NH CCG area includes Broxbourne, Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield).
Candidates for Herts Valleys (St Albans, Watford and surrounds) do not need IAPT compliant training but we can support your efforts to attain it.
Our AQP (Any Qualified Provider) contract receives referrals from GP surgeries or Single Point of Access. The referrals are allocated according to counsellor availability so the counsellor can work with three to five sessions together or as agreed.
Payment is made on the basis of per session delivered with recognition for counsellors who are IAPT trained or IAPT accredited.
Please also email your CV to email@example.com with “AQP” and preferred location/s in the subject line.Please attach documents or post photocopies of the following:
- Proof of accreditation
- Proof of professional indemnity insurance
- Proof of professional membership
- Photo ID and proof of eligibility to work in the UK (eg passport)
- DBS less than 2 1/2 years old if you have one.
- Proof of IAPT-compliant training/accreditation if applicable
Tutor and training roles
We offer seminar tutor and experiential group leader roles in line with the academic year on our psychodynamic training courses. If you are interested in these or in leading short courses and workshops, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Training” and your preferred role in the subject line.
Trustee opportunities at The Counselling Foundation
We are currently seeking:
- A new trustee with experience at a senior level in management in either the NHS or private healthcare. The purpose of adding this expertise will be to enhance our working relationships with our various NHS partners and to help us broaden our offering to them as a preferred and valued external provider.
- A new trustee with experience in the arena of public relations/marketing and developing organisational profile and influence. This person might also have expertise in the area of seeking sponsorship and/or financial support for specific initiatives. Ideally this experience will have been gained in a setting with similarities to ours but that is not a necessity.
These are unremunerated positions but they offer the chance for anyone attracted by what we do to become a very direct part in building an exciting and engaging future with an organisation which has many unique features and which has real capability at a time when it is now poised for real change and growth. We would very much welcome your interest.
Please email your CV to email@example.com with the title of your email Personal & Confidential: Trustee Opportunity
We also have roles from time to time for:
- Voluntary counsellors, qualified or 4th year and psychodynamic
- Supervisors or trainee supervisors (psychodynamic)
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Placement” and your preferred role/s in the subject line.