Research has shown that approximately 500,000 employees in the UK are suffering from work related stress resulting in the below facts.
According to MIND:
- Ill mental health in the UK costs £26 Billion
- 1 in 5 people take a day off work due to stress
- 1 in 10 people have resigned a job due to stress, 1 in 4 have thought about it.
- 19% of staff feel they can’t speak to managers about stress at work.
- 25% of people we surveyed considered resigning due to stress.
Employees resigning as a result of stress and demotivation can be a loss of valuable skills and experience for your business. This impact affects the quality of work in your surroundings and can create a difficult working environment.
Minding the Workforce is our programme of counselling for corporate partners and unlike other providers, we ensure that a face to face appointment is scheduled within two days and carried out within a week. The appointment is always in person and never given via the cheaper telephone triage option that larger suppliers use. Seeing our clients in person and as soon as possible means there is no delay in their access to counselling, which gets them on the road to recovery even quicker.
Away from the work place, set over five centres in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, employees are given a private, work-free area to speak to someone about their concerns in a safe environment with unbiased and non-judgemental counsellors.
- Boosted morale and employee engagement
- Potential conflicts avoided and current ones remedied
- Cost of sick days and low productivity reduced
- Becomes a part of your HR and H&S policy creating a caring attitude for staff
- Managers equipped with the skills to recognise colleagues suffering with anxiety or depression and basic listening skills
- Gain a reputation of respecting staff to encourage future recruitment
- Support your broader HR strategy to improve retention rates
- Employees given access to a trained an accredited counsellor, a service they might not otherwise be able to afford
We use evidence based questionnaires to assess and measure improvement in the well being for the client.
The Foundation is the largest provider of counselling within Hertfordshire; with over 120 counsellors all over the county performing over 300,000 sessions a year. Our service boasts highly qualified professionals whom deliver quality therapy for a multitude of concerns.
Find out how The Counselling Foundation can support your team with mental health first aid, managing stress and conflict, coaching plus lots of other relevant topics by clicking here.
Please contact us for further information and to arrange a no obligation consultation.