We are currently taking enquiries for this course, please fill in the form below.
The Counselling Foundation is proud to announce that we will be launching a new course that will enable you to become a qualified coach.
This is our first course in partnership with People to People led by Pat Young and Christina Bachini, both experienced coaches who have worked with international organisations such as GSK, Ericsson, Marks & Spencer, Prudential, Sony Music Ltd, HBOS, Siemens, Harrods and Selfridges, as well as government departments, charities, teams and individuals.
Please register your interest for one of our open days to meet Pat, Christina and members of The Counselling Foundation for further information on our coaching course.
The course structure comprises of five weekend modules.
What is coaching?
Coaching is a well established, interactive way of facilitating the enhancement, improvement and development of skills and abilities in others. It typically enables participants to improve their self confidence, become more aware of their strengths and enhance their interpersonal relationships.
Coaching has become the ‘must-have’ skill for those who need to motivate and influence others. Training with The Counselling Foundation will equip you with these skills in order to enhance your current position or to develop a career in coaching.
What skills will I develop on this course?
- You will develop better listening skills – learn how to hear what is really being said.
- You will be better able to empathise and build rapport.
- You will learn how to enable yourself and others to design their own creative solutions.
- You will learn how to ask questions that bring about results.
- You will be able to understand what motivates people and how to enable them to translate that into taking action.
- You will learn that you don’t have to have all the answers, but will know how to help others to find their own unique answer.
- You will learn how to facilitate motivate and empower others.
- You will learn about personal responsibility and how to engage others in taking responsibility.
Who is this course for?
- Leaders and managers who want to develop their own style of leadership and the self confidence to implement this.
- Professionals who want to continue their own personal and professional development and who wish to learn how to facilitate the development others.
- Those persons who may be at a life/career crossroads who want to develop a new path and/or explore what they want from life.
What are the benefits of becoming a coach or acquiring coaching skills?
Your self awareness, awareness of others and confidence will improve dramatically. Research carried out by Harvard Business School and many other educational establishments has proved beyond doubt that self awareness is the key competency in the development of a successful career. You will be able to establish a sense of achievement and the ability to help others achieve their goals and objectives.
What are the benefits to my employer?
More and more organisations are challenging traditional ways of developing their people, for example, 51% of companies now consider individual and team coaching crucial to their people development strategy. (source: CIPD 2009).
Organisations who develop an ‘in-house’ coaching facility will gain a competitive edge and save considerable sums of money on deploying external coaches.
Further benefits include:
- Fast reaction time to deal with interpersonal staff issues and performance issues
- Mediating disputes and conflicts
- Focused personal development capabilities to improve staff performance
- Supporting/enabling staff to develop and set clear goals and objectives, facilitating taking action to achieve them, providing support and follow through to completion.
- More than 70% benefit from improved work performance, interpersonal relationships and more effective communication skills.
- 86% of companies report that they easily recouped their investment on coaching and more (source: ICF 2009).
The People to People Transformational Coaching Process Model.
People to People have for over 25 years, developed, established and delivered an integrative, client centred, coaching model, for individuals from all walks of life, and groups and teams from a diverse range of profit and non-profit organisations around the world.
The principals have a long established co-facilitating relationship, which started in 1987, conjointly facilitating a wide range of training and development interventions.
Both principals maintain well-established individual and group coaching practices; and keep their skills fully up to date as practitioners, facilitators and trainers, by engaging in on-going supervision and training.
The PTP training model is based upon experiential learning, which means that participants will learn by working with real, live issues, followed by immediate supervision and de-briefing. In this way course participants will quickly develop practical, usable skills.
The principals combined range of knowledge, experience and expertise, in working with a large number of approaches and models, in a wide variety of settings, is unique.
The PTP Coach Training Programme is:
- Structured around on-going self, peer and facilitator assessment, as a core development model.
- Is based on a holistic model of coaching, working with mind, body and spirit.
- Encourages participants to develop their own unique coaching model using life skills, experience and understanding of how the world works.
You can pay in 3 or 4 monthly instalments. Please contact us for further details.
We also offer a one day Coaching workshop, which we are currently taking enquiries for. This experiential workshop is an opportunity for you to experience at first hand the power of coaching and will provide you with a good grounding and understanding of the topic. It will also cover details on the below Coaching Course.
For more information, please click here.
If you feel learning to become a coach or acquiring coaching skills would be beneficial for your career and you would like further information then please get in touch – call 01727 856 693 or fill out the form below.