NHS Short Term counsellors (AQP)
The Foundation offers exciting opportunities for counsellors in Hertfordshire to become part of a charity with counselling at its heart. The organisation delivers over 20,000 counselling sessions a year across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, with about half of these for its charitable arm. The Foundation has been offering high-quality, affordable counselling to the community for over 40 years.
Counsellors who join our NHS contract team are part of our counsellor community and have the support of our administrative team, the Clinical Director and our Centre Heads.
What we offer:
The Foundation supports its AQP contract counsellors with administrative and clinical support as well as other opportunities and discounts.
- Allocations are made through the administrative teams who also support the counsellors with paperwork. The administrators are usually the first point of contact for counsellors and clients.
- Counsellors working in centres are offered referrals to fit blocks of three to five sessions as agreed with the counsellor.
- Counsellors have the support of Centre Heads in St Albans, Broxbourne and Stevenage as well as clinical support and advice through the Clinical Director.
- Counsellors will have access to opportunities to work as a tutor, group leader, run short courses or work as a supervisor or other staff member.
- The Foundation’s CPD courses are offered at a 20% discount.
- The work can fit alongside and support a private counselling practice.
- The work can be in a counsellor’s own practice, a GP surgery or one of our own centres.
Counsellors working for this contract must have accreditation with BACP, or be UKCP, BABCP or BPC registered.
Candidates for all of Hertfordshire CCG must have an IAPT compliant training. These include Congnitive Behaviour Thearpy (CBT), Interpersonal Psycho Therapy (IPT), Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT), Counselling for Depression (CFD) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Our AQP (Any Qualified Provider) contract receives referrals from GP surgeries or Single Point of Access. The referrals are allocated according to counsellor availability so the counsellor can work with three to five sessions together or as agreed.
Payment is made on the basis of per session delivered with recognition for counsellors who are IAPT trained or IAPT accredited.
Please also email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AQP” and preferred location/s in the subject line.Please attach documents or post photocopies of the following:
- Proof of accreditation
- Proof of professional indemnity insurance
- Proof of professional membership
- Photo ID and proof of eligibility to work in the UK (eg passport)
- DBS less than 2 1/2 years old if you have one.
- Proof of IAPT-compliant training/accreditation if applicable
Tutor and training roles
Advanced Diploma Seminar Tutor | September 2018 – July 2019
Advanced Diploma trainees attend these theoretical seminars held in the first year of this two-year course and are working with clients under weekly supervision. The aim of the seminars is to extend and deepen their understanding of psychodynamic concepts. Applications for this post are welcomed from qualified counsellors holding a post-graduate or equivalent qualification, or psychoanalytic psychotherapists belonging to one of the training organisations recognised by the BPC, BACP or UKCP. Please email a cover letter and CV to Valentina.Krajnovic@hbcf.co.uk
Additional tutor and training roles
We offer seminar tutor and experiential group leader roles in line with the academic year on our psychodynamic training courses. If you are interested in these or in leading short courses and workshops, please send your CV to email@example.com with “Training” and your preferred role in the subject line.
We also have roles from time to time for:
- Voluntary counsellors, qualified or 4th year and psychodynamic
- Supervisors or trainee supervisors (psychodynamic)
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Placement” and your preferred role/s in the subject line.